"Indonesia calls for de-escalation," Teuku Faizasyah, acting spokesman of the Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a short message to Antara on Sunday.
A ceasefire had been agreed between Israel and the Palestinian armed group after two days of fighting in Gaza that began after Israel killed a top Islamic Jihad commander in an air raid.
Indonesia believed that the ceasefire was part of efforts to ease tension.
"This is expected to stop attack on civilians, which is unacceptable on whatever grounds," he said.
AlJazeera reported on Nov 15 that Gaza medical officials have put the death toll from the two days of fighting at 34, almost half of them Palestinians civilians and including eight children and three women.
Islamic Jihad spokesman Musab al-Braim told Al Jazeera that his group had secured concessions from Israel.
"The deal included the occupation's submission to conditions which is to stop the assassinations, particularly of the protesters in the March of Return demonstrations and to begin practically the procedures to break the siege," he said.
The Great March of Return, a series of weekly protests, began in March 2018 call for an end to the 12-year-old land and air siege that is crippling Gaza.
Since then, 313 Palestinian protesters have been killed by Israeli fire and thousands more wounded, according to the health ministry. Eight Israelis have been killed over the same period.